What shall I do if I suspect discrimination against me based on my national origin or race?

If you suspect that, your first step should be to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). You can file a complaint by contacting your local EEOC office in person, by phone, or by mail.  Such a list can be found at: http://www.eeoc.gov/field/index.cfm. You may call toll free at: 800-669-4000 for more information if a field office is not close to where you live.  You may also contact the Discrimination Consultant, Mr. Chungsoo J. Lee, at chunglee@eeo21.com or call (215) 947-0243.

In general, charges must be filed within 180 days of the discriminatory act.  You can find more information on the EEOC web site at:http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm.  If you can afford it, you may also contact a lawyer to guide you through the EEOC process.  See the next question, if you need help in finding a lawyer.


Copyright © NAA United | All Rights Reserved | Tax ID No. 82-5266503 | Maintained by Cedric Cheng Design